Israel is now locked in an intense war with Hamas and other terror militias. Israeli forces are hitting the Hamas strongholds in Gaza, even as key members of the international community warn Iran and Hezbollah in Lebanon not to get involved.
President Isaac Herzog described it as the worst day in Jewish history since the Holocaust.
In the meantime, the International Christian Embassy Jerusalem is on the frontlines of this battle on your behalf by reaching out with emergency assistance across the nation, and especially to the shattered residents of the Israeli border communities.
Over recent days, the ICEJ aid teams have been in contact with our long-time partners in the Land to assess the most urgent needs. We are currently bringing urgent relief aid in the following areas:
- Assisting evacuated Israeli families with housing, food, clothing and emergency aid, plus toys and activities for the children.
- Joining urgent food distribution efforts to the elderly, new immigrants and needy families nationwide.
- Providing helmets and protective vests to volunteers in first-responder teams.
- Rushing to order more portable bomb shelters for the north and south of the country, and renovating more underground shelters in vulnerable border towns.
- Donating ambulances and other emergency medical equipment.
- Donating warm clothing, tents, sleeping bags and other outdoor equipment for those defending the country.
- Funding trauma counseling and care for Israeli families severely shaken by the conflict.
There is now a central distribution centre in Jerusalem to make the task easier, and with your help we can have a real impact in bringing relief aid to the troops and civilians in that critical region.
We are directly involved in the mass evacuation efforts to take traumatized Israeli civilians from the worst-hit border communities and give them respites away from the fighting.
Now is the time to stand with Israel! As Christians, we often say we “love” Israel, but the Church needs to turn that into real action as never before. An Israeli reached out to one of our ICEJ Australian team: “Please do what you can to tell our tragedy to the world. Everyone should see the holocaust that was here.”
PRAY for Israel. “Some trust in chariots, and some in horses;
But we will trust in the name of the LORD our God.” Ps 20:7
STAND up for Israel in Australia, either by voicing your support to your local MP’s (access template letter below), or by attending public solidarity events in your state.
GIVE now to help us with the emergency relief and evacuation efforts. Please forward this email to others! Empower your local church to take up a free will offering this Sunday, send your Pastor our ‘Church – Israel in Crisis Media Pack’ (call or email us for a copy)
AUSTRALIA PRAYS FOR ISRAEL
When: THIS Thursday October 19th 2023
Where: online via zoom on.icej.org/RoshChodesh
Click the button below for more information ⬇️
We are also holding our Global Prayer Gathering every day at midnight AEDT (4pm Israel time) until Israel wins the victory! Join us below
Monday-Friday prayer for Israel continues 8-9am (AEDT). Click below
We have prepared a template you can use to write to your local MP or Senior Ministers to urgently call our government to take action against further Pro-Hamas demonstrations and to do all in our power both diplomatically and legally to support the release of hostages held by Hamas.
Please contact our office now if you would like a copy, call 03 8001 6001 email email@example.com, or click below