Aliyah (a Hebrew word that means to “go up”) today, has come to mean the return of the Jews to the Land of Israel, their ancestral homeland. Simply stated, it is the ingathering of the exiles from the four corners of the earth. Aliyah “is rooted in the Jewish people’s fervent hope to rebuild its national life in the country from which it was exiled nearly 2,000 years ago.”
We’re partnering with the God of Israel who promised through the prophet Jeremiah, “For I will set my eyes on them for good, and I bring them back to this land; I will build them and not tear them down, and I will plant them and not uproot them.”(Jeremiah 24:6). We help establish immigrants in the land by assisting with basic household items, providing vocational training, and mentoring towards employment.
- Closing Educational Gaps
- Helping children/youth rise to the educational standard of Israeli schools for their age
- Courses for Ethiopian immigrants ages 18-30 to help them attain their high school diploma
- Vocational Training
- Courses such as nursing care, accounting, dental hygienist, and computer programming
- Recertification and professional language course for Doctors/Nurses
- Personal Mentorship– gives hands-on support to families (for up to 10 years after they make Aliyah).
- Assisting with basic needs
- Making a plan for each family regarding schooling, housing, etc.
- Providing a Financial Plan for their first years.
- Assistance finding Employment
In Jeremiah 32:41, the Lord says, “Yes, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will assuredly plant them in this land, with all My heart, and with all My soul.”
Read more about Aliyah
The latest 'Aliyah' articles from the ICEJ.
The ICEJ will soon be engaged in pre-Aliyah activities: ground transportation, rescue flights and urgent integration of Jews from all these countries. We invite you to be a part of helping to regather these at-risk Jewish communities to Israel from all over the world.
ICEJ gave Pesach gift baskets to 800 needy Israeli families celebrating Passover in Israel recently.